Wet Weather phone : 1900 920 243
ANTRAM CROWNED NEWCASTLE BOWLER OF THE YEAR
Terry Antram (Soldiers Point) was named the 2017 Newcastle (Zone 2) Bowler of the Year at the annual NDBA Xmas Night & Presentation of Awards function held at Raymond Terrace B.C. on Thursday evening, 14th December, 2017. It is the second time that Terry Antram has won the award, as he previously claimed the title in 2010. Antram had an outstanding year on the green winning the Newcastle (Zone 2) District Pairs Championship, was runner-up in the Newcastle (Zone 2) District Triples Championship and Newcastle (Zone 2) Newcastle District No.1 Grade Pennant Competition & was equal third in the Newcastle (Zone 2) Newcastle District Champion of Club Champions Pairs Championship.
Beresfield’s Michael Beesley was the Senior Bowler of the Year for the second successive year, after winning both the Newcastle (Zone 2) Senior Singles & Pairs Championships. Lachlan Freeman (Raymond Terrace) was the Junior Bowler of the Year after winning the Newcastle (Zone 2) Junior Singles, Pairs & Fours Championships & was runner-up with Kate Matthews (Raymond Terrace) in the State Junior Pairs Championship. Geoff Prisk (Nelson Bay) claimed the Encouragement Award after winning the Newcastle (Zone 2) & Bowls NSW State President’s Pairs Championship with Mark Spratford (Nelson Bay) & was equal third in the Newcastle (Zone 2) District Minor Singles Championship. Stan Wrzeczycki (New Lambton) was a worthy winner of the Coach of the Year for the assistance he provides both New Lambton Men and Women bowlers & for conducting three Bowlers Arm Seminars with Allan Starrett.
Another feature of the evening was the Hunter/Newcastle No.1 Grade Pennant Sectional Draw being carried out by Gail Lewis, President NDWBA & Jenny Kenyon, Vice-President LMDWBA. The draw being:
SECTION 1: Nelson Bay, Kurri Kurri, Alder Park, Mayfield West, Toronto Workers, East Maitland.
SECTION 2: Kotara, Windale/Gateshead, Charlestown, Raymond Terrace, Beresfield, Valentine.
SECTION 3: Hamilton North, Lambton, Teralba, Soldiers Point, Warners Bay, Cardiff.
SECTION 4: Belmont, Boolaroo, Maitland City, Swansea Workers, Edgeworth, Kahibah.
N.B. This draw is subject to change if a side(s) withdraws from the competition.
- 001 - 2018 COACHING SEMINAR.pdf (235.09 Kb)
- 002- 2018 RODNEY ROBARDS MEMORIAL SHIELD FIXTURE.pdf (97.28 Kb)
- 002B-2018 RODNEY ROBARDS MEMORIAL SHIELD - 8TH FEB 2018 AT KURRI KURRI.pdf (182.24 Kb)
- 003-2018 Seniors (Over 60's) Selection Trial 12 February, 2018 at Lambton B.C..pdf (94.99 Kb)
- 004-2018 2017 Club Tournaments, Shields & Carnivals.pdf (164.87 Kb)
- 157-2017 New email address for office.pdf (92.44 Kb)
- 158-2017 Representative Fixture Lambton 20th & 21st January 2018.pdf (33.84 Kb)
- 159-2017 Seniors (Over 60's) Selection Trial 12 February, 2018 at Lambton B.C..pdf (95.96 Kb)
- 160-2017 NDBA Lawn Bowls Program 2018 Junior Squad.pdf (425.34 Kb)
- 161-2017 - Antram crowned Bowler of the Year 2017.pdf (167.86 Kb)
- 162-2017 -2017 Presidents Christmas Greetings.pdf (62.84 Kb)
- 163-2017 District Triples Championship & Entry Form.pdf (64.1 Kb)
- 164-2017 Sides Captains & Selectors Seminar.pdf (126.7 Kb)
- 165- 2017 2018 Pennant Competitions.pdf (417.31 Kb)
- 2018 Season's Programme.pdf (215.67 Kb)
- Suiko Consulting Governance and Organisational Review Report.pdf (986.25 Kb)